5 Ways to Make More Money as an Esthetician
- Use hashtags that are relevant to your area: city names, universities, city nicknames, sorority/fraternity names, etc. Hashtags are used to attract those that you're interested in following you, so I don't recommend using broad tags, for example: #california #estheticianlife #esthetics #facewaxing - although these tags are technically relevant to your business, they aren't going to be used by your customers. A more effective alternative would be #sandiegobrides #sandiegospa #sandiegowaxing.
- Post on your stories regularly and don't be scared to show your personality. I truly believe the sterile business posts with no personality or opinion have exited the building. Now we're seeing more than ever that consumers want to engage, and are drawn to a story, an individual, a connection. So anything you can do to connect with your potential customers is key. That being said, it's also important to know that one of the most important aspects of marketing is repetition and regurgitation. Post your products regularly and showcase how to use them, explain who they are best for, and don't forget to tell them why they need it!
- Link your shop and create a booking link on your Instagram page. It's all about the convenience of a push of a button.
- Make sure you have an online shop, and make sure you are doing SEO for every listing, every page, and every photo. SEO means search engine optimization and this is how you will be able to rank or be seen on Google. Super important! With great SEO you could be selling your products across the country to people you've never even met! Need help with SEO? Here is a SEO Starter Guide
- Create customized gift boxes and share on social media. And forgive me, I am going to get real honest right now. Please throw away the organza bags. When I am talking about gift boxes I am referring to visually appealing, curated boxes that are strategically made and sell a story to the consumer. The other thing about one of a kind gift boxes, is like I mentioned above, it creates an urgency to purchase.
- Don't discount your talent. Giving a discount is doing your business, your brand, and yourself, a disservice. I understand the desire to create enticing offers to build your books, but it's not a great plan in the long term.
- Have some experience under your belt? Write an E-book and self publish on Amazon!
- Once you're established, start training other estheticians
- Become a mentor and consultant for spa businesses
This industry is all about being creative and thinking outside the box. We are so fortunate to work in an industry that allows us the freedom to create and explore.